Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Little Klezmer Music


I would like to thank the whole community in the Bay Area. My father used to tell me, "that to make one's living as an entertainer was a noble pursuit," and the audiences' response to our work has been so generous that I've been made to think, repeatedly, of my father's words of wisdom.

When I've flown back to New York City, back to my beautiful wife and my hilarious cats, back to the painful rejection that accompanies trying to secure the next acting gig, I hope Asher's passion rubs off on me. I think most of us tend to choose comfort over sacrifice and immersion. The strength of Asher's convictions, his artistic integrity and sense of truth have been fascinating to portray each night. I will miss him.

1 comment:

  1. asher could not have had a more glorious and impassioned interpreter. thank you for a brilliant performance.

    ReplyDelete